I find this as a nice article stating innovation as a non-linear process.
LDRLB (@LDRLB) tweeted at 6:45 AM on Sun, Mar 31, 2013: Why Innovation Isn’t a Linear Process. http://t.co/Qtjswnp3Oy (https://twitter.com/LDRLB/status/318169591635378176)
1. Innovation is truly a pathless process. There are no fixed ways of innovating. Nobody has yet found a well-defined path.
2. Hence innovation is often filled with pain, frustration, limitations, fear and risks. Fear rules the game.
3. Innovative ideas are difficult to communicate to others since all good innovations are products of the subconscious.
4. Innovations are non linear since it is all about making sense of non-linear complexity. This is done by tapping into an individual’s inner strength and subconscious. That in itself is a non-linear process.
5. Innovation is about change and transformation. All changes and transformation involve “death”. And there is not a person in the world who isn’t afraid of death. So all changes are difficult to negotiate.
6. The whole of the non-linear process might be described in terms of Notice, Engage, Mull and Exchange; i.e. NEME the fundamental basis of Nemetical exploration.
Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download